File System Switch enables you to switch file fields between private and public in Drupal 7 applications.
Maintaining the security of your files can be really good in Drupal, however, sometimes you may wish to move between public to private for a file field (or a bunch of file field). This module manages that process, including moving the files and updating the file references.
- Enable the module admin/modules or
drush en file_system_switch.
- Ensure that the permissions are enabled.
- Navigate to
Using the module
- On the configure page (
admin/config/media/file-system-switch), you can choose the content type you wish to use.
- Make sure that the file systems are set correctly (
admin/config/media/file-system). As you are moving between public to private (or visa versa) you will need to make sure that both are configured.
- Under the operations of each file field inside that content type you will be able to move between public and private file systems:
- Backup Original Table (Backup the existing file system (for if something goes wrong))
- Switch Field File System (Move from public => private or private => public).
- Update File Paths. Update the file field (this is where you need Filefield Paths to retroactively update the tables).
- You will be transported to the file field that you are using. If you wish to change to Public or Private Upload Destination then select that from the Field Settings.
- Delete Backup. Remove the backup database tables that we created at the start.