I will recommend not to hold off until you earn enough money to order goods! You can just take the <a href="http://goodfinance-blog.com/topics/credit-loans">credit loans</a> or short term loan and feel yourself comfortable
Are you a Mindful Employer?
Have you heard about the Mindful Employer Initiative? Nither had I until now. Launched in 2004, the "MINDFUL EMPLOYER® is open to any employer in the UK, whether small, medium or large, private, public or voluntary sector...and provides information, advice and practical support for people whose mental health affects their ability to find or remain in employment."
When you have signed up to the Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health, or if you are a supporting organisation who has signed their Partnership Agreement, you will then be able to use the MINDFUL EMPLOYER® Registered Trade Mark to show your commitment to the initiative.
So what does it mean to be a Mindful Employer?
- Shows others and your own staff that you are a good employer
- Expresses your corporate social responsibility
- Reduces recruitment and training costs
- Helps towards complying with legislation (e.g. Equality Act & HSE)
- Reduces sickness levels
- Enhances customer service
- Improves productivity
- Makes you more attractive to people with mental health issues and others
- Helps you retain staff who have experienced discrimination in the past
- Makes yours a healthier workplace
(MINDFUL EMPLOYER, Devon Partnership NHS Trust 2004-2012)
So who has already signed up?
Many employers have already joined the initiative but here are a some you might recognise:
- EDF Energy
- Jobcentre Plus (Devon & Cornwall District) Met Office
- Sainsbury's (Alphington, Exeter)
- British Glass Manufacturers Confederation, Sheffield
- Amnesty International
- Aunt Bessie's
- Dept of Health
- Dept for Work & Pensions
- HM Revenue & Customs, Home Office
- National Audit Office
- Nationwide Building Society
I would definately suggest you check out their website, it has a wealth of information on the initiative, resources & links, news & events and much more.
'It is vitally important that we work in partnership across sectors and disciplines to improve the health and well-being of our working-age population and I think partnership-building has been central to the success of MINDFUL EMPLOYER ... I would like to congratulate everyone who has contributed to MINDFUL EMPLOYER in that time and I look forward to seeing the campaign continue to evolve.' Dame Carol Black, Expert Advisor on Health and Work